For Christmas, we certainly expect gifts from family and friends, but this is not same for important events such as Veterans Day. Armistice Day, now known as Veterans Day is observed in remembrance of World War I. In 1926, Congress passed a resolution that enabled US citizens to recognize Nov. 11 as an important date. In 1938, it was officially made a national holiday. One that strongly deserves to be celebrated with veterans day gifts.
What makes this holiday special is that it pays tribute to all American veterans whether alive or deceased. More importantly, it recognizes our fallen heroes and their sacrifices. I can’t think of any holiday that should bring all of America together like this one. So why don’t we celebrate or shower our veterans and their families with veteran day gifts like we should? I don’t know, but we should.
Think of all the people in and military; both men and women who serve and protect our country. I bet you know a few people you can honor for veterans day. They are your parents, children, friends, grandparents, neighbors, coworkers and employees. Without further ado, here are great veterans day gifts ideas to help you embrace this holiday:
Veterans Day Gifts Ideas
- T-shirts are a great way to show your appreciation to war heroes. Think about it, if you customize a shirt, they can wear their shirt over and over again so it’s a gift that keeps on giving. You can customize a relevantly inexpensive shirt on websites like Etsy.
- Wreaths have a significance in American military history. Why not make something memorable? You can learn how to make a bandana wreath quite easily. Follow these easy steps from Amber at ‘busy creating memories’.
- Baked Goods can convey appreciation, comfort, and friendliness. It is perfect for an occasion like this. You can say thank you and comfort someone all with one gift. You can use this cute ‘Thank You’ printable for a perfect gift basket. Try my streusel-top muffin for a perfect muffin basket.
- Thank You Cards provide a heartfelt way of communicating how you feel. You buy them for birthdays, weddings and other special occasions so why not as a veterans day gifts.
- Candles can be lit and used during remembrance. It is okay to buy one for a veteran especially those that have been to war and have others that they may have lost during a war. Customize a white candle with appreciation and prayers for veterans. You can easily find one on Etsy.
By the way, make sure you follow me on Instagram. I share my finds and techniques on a daily basis. I can’t wait to see you there!
Until next time. . .
Comments are closed.
Meet the Author
Hey, I'm Neema. A mom, wife and self-proclaimed foodie. Lately, I've seen such a HUGE upward trend in blogging. Without hesitation, I decided to pack all my knowledge of parenting, recipes and more in this tiny little site.Learn more
*You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite topics!